We all like a little spice on our pizza, that’s why we add pepper flakes. Why not put the spice IN the pizza? In the sauce, to be specific. Use on a regular pizza, or serve on Ritz crackers with cheese and pepperoni for a snack that bites back.
- 15 oz. tomato sauce (can)
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Carolina Reapers (crushed or chopped)
- 1 tbsp. chopped onion
- 1 large clove garlic (chopped or pressed)
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- In a saucepan, saute onion, garlic, and Reapers until soft (about 2 minutes)
- Add tomato sauce, oregano, Italian seasoning, and sugar, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh-strainer.
- Add tomato paste and mix well.